Future Focus

With the start of the school year, many regroup to reconsider goals. The two year anniversary of my divorce was last weekend and I found myself in a place of reflection. My family has learned so much these last two years. I am much stronger and cognizant of my surroundings, purpose, behaviors, and reactions to situations. None of us are perfect, but we need to be aware and conscious on how we react to situations. Is our reaction coming from a spirit of love, or is the reaction rooted in fear or anger? Here are some goals I hope to remind myself to consider this fall.

  1. Learn to cultivate gratitude. Care for your neighbors and community.
  2. Practice 3 outcomes or results that you are committed to 6 months out. For me wrapping up PhD hopefully in September, graduation in December, and health.
  3. Love is shown through ACTION, not words. How do you show love in all that you do?
  4. Care less, but love more. Fear and anger are the two emotions that hurt individuals the most. Fear or worry is an emotion that I have. Through prayer, faith, and love I hope to let this go.
  5. Be willing to not please people to do what is right.
  6. Be willing to end relationships that are not healthy.
  7. Allow yourself to be REAL. Be your authentic self. You are unique and beautiful. Ask yourself, who are you today? What are you here for? How can you enjoy this moment right now?
  8. It is important to cultivate a shared vision of the future. You cannot have one foot in the door and one foot out of the door. Recognize when the shared vision is missing and move on. It has been a struggle for me to not look backwards, which I do out of a spirit of fear. You are going forwards and life is short!
  9. Faith is REAL and works. Focus on your purpose. It is great to remember that you are a bright light serving a higher purpose, or your destiny.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Life Lessons Backpacking Taught Me

Rejoice ~ Locating joy in 2023!