Finding Joy Revisiting 2021...

I found joy in a few moments in 2021. This last year has been a struggle for many but I started the year searching for the meaning of joy. Joy is found through the living practice of gratitude. I found that starting my day with quiet time, focusing on gratitude, greatly aided in finding joy in everyday moments. When evaluating 2020, I realized I had focused primarily on work or the mind and wanted to shift the focus to spiritual wellness in 2021.  While I didn't reach all of my goals, I did make great gains in my spiritual and mental wellness column last year and continue to make great gains in all three targeted areas:  mind, body, and spirit. 

This upcoming new year, I would like to place a greater emphasis on body wellness, which I have neglected. I could use more exercise, outdoor time, time away from my computer, less media, which I feel would help me focus on positive messaging. I would like to feel the characteristics of good health through improved flexibility, and strength because by the end of the day I am stiff, have aching joints, and just don't feel youthful. I want to feel relaxed, energized, joyful, valued, excited, loved, and strong. This will require me to value myself enough to take time to take action to value and love myself more so that I can focus on my physical wellness through daily practice. 

I learned in 2021 to not take life for granted. We lost so many loved ones during the pandemic and found society at times searching for hope and joy. Change is hard. It is a choice to view change as an opportunity for growth, viewing through the lens of renewed hope and new dreams. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Life Lessons Backpacking Taught Me

Future Focus

Rejoice ~ Locating joy in 2023!