Healing Through Spiritual Growth

Over the last decade, I have been working on healing myself spiritually and recently experienced a breakthrough. During my recovery journey, I have learned to deal with my unconscious pain from past traumas and family of origin and generational issues. For me, this has been a process that has taken a lot of time, with a focus on dealing with my needs first before helping others. I had to learn this as my family of origin tends to be very self-sacrificing and as a result cycles of abuse are a generational issue. This type of cycle is actually very common I have learned. I have learned to recognize toxic environments, abuse, advocate for my needs in a calm and professional way, and to detach when the other party chooses to continue toxic patterns. 

Boundaries Attract Your Tribe:  When you use boundaries, you will attract the right people and teach people how to treat you. These are both internal and external boundaries. 

Take Time to Improve the Relationship with Yourself: Be ok with learning to love yourself, care for yourself, and to take time to be alone. You have to learn how to love yourself before you can love others in a way that is healthy. 

Gratitude is a Difference Maker:  Start a daily habit to recognize gifts the creator places in your life. Giving daily thanks helps to focus on the present. 

Pray Daily: Learn to have a relationship with the creator. Let the universe open your heart and mind so that your purpose, a higher calling, is very evident. 

Take Inventory of Surroundings: What music do you listen to? What media do you surround yourself with? This impacts our attitudes. Make it a habit to unplug. 

Health:  I tend to neglect this area of my life but it is so important. Schedule time to work on your health, and diet, and recognize what makes you feel good or places you in higher energy. 

Forgive and Let Go: Let go of the need to know. Forgive and move on. Often I have found the haters in our world and past don't care if you "forgive". Just move on.  There is no need to visit and inform others that they are forgiven, but recognize that they are not part of your future and they are human with flaws.

Grace:  Learn to give grace to others and to receive grace from others.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Life Lessons Backpacking Taught Me

Future Focus

Rejoice ~ Locating joy in 2023!