Learning to Fly

A year ago today I entered a new door in this adventure called life.Many friends back in the day might remember a novel that we would share at parties, entitled I Married Adventure, The novel is an excellent memoir of Osa Leighty who married Martin Johnson, a pioneering photographer who toured with the great Jack London. 

As a young, inquisitive, and very independent small town girl, I was very attracted to global and worldly approaches. So, in the mid and late 1990's, I got out of Texas, traveling to Mexico, Holland, Belgium, France, Mexico, and around 33 states. I am grateful that I was introduced to new perspectives, ideologies, fantastic museums, and the music...all from a backpack. My two sons later got to tag along and continue to do so with their two very unique parents, who enjoyed the comforts of rural Texas for a home but also took on large adventures. We entered a new adventure last year, for me it is a solo one. 

This year has been rough. Single parenting is hard and can be so difficult on kids. What have I learned this year?

  1. Take it one day at a time.
  2. Pray About Specific Events or People Daily.
  3. Inward reflection for improvement is hard but necessary for personal growth.
  4. Your kids love you and it will be ok.
  5. Your stronger than you know.
  6. The right people and events come into your life at the right time. 
  7. Struggles and conflict bring great opportunities.
  8. Boundaries are healthy and necessary. 
  9. Life is short and enjoy the people in it today. 
And..... learning to marry your own adventure is a gift.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Life Lessons Backpacking Taught Me

Future Focus

Rejoice ~ Locating joy in 2023!